Friday, April 15, 2011

Free for all Friday

Happy Friday everyone! The work week is over and now the fun of the weekend begins! Woo hoo!

My morning started off terrifically when I came down stairs to find a rainbow across my living room!

On the carpet

I think you can see more colors in this one
I think this was reflecting off the medicine cabinet mirror in the bathroom onto the floor and TV. (If not then I have no clue where it came from). It put a nice little smile on my face while I ran into the kitchen to grab my breakfast and lunch for work.

Today was super sunny and, even though it wasn't really on the warm side, I still wanted to pop out of the office for a bit to soak up some Vitamin D and fresh air. I decided this would be a perfect opportunity to run to the library and pick up a few books I've wanted to check out (as if I don't already have enough of my own!) :)

And that's not all of them

When I got back I was doing a little reading on CNN to keep up with current events and I came across this article from "The Chart" blog. It's National DNA Day!!! How exciting is that! It's a day celebrating that which makes everything unique! "It's to commemorate the discovery of the double helix structure of DNA in April 1953, and the completion of the Human Genome Project in April 2003." April is apparently a big month for genetics! Whoowee!

I toyed with the idea of talking a bit about the genome but I would have to reference my college Biology books...and since they are in my sister's room at our parents house due to her recent obsession with the Bodies Exhibit...I have decided against it :)

On my way inside the house after work I noticed my mystery flowers are starting to bloom and grow! (That makes me think of the Sound of Music .... edelweiss, edelweiss...") :)

They're pretty but I still have no idea...

There's a bunch of these but without flowers I just can't tell
I guess I'll need to wait a little longer for the second type to do something other than sprout green leaves. I'm intrigued to see what they become so I can learn how to take care of them. I also need to figure out how to move them since the second type in particular has germinated quite far away from my house. I do believe some landscaping research is in store for me this weekend.

In the meantime I have put on my Cookie Monster socks...

C is for cookie...
Grabbed the last of my Scrabble Junior Cheez-Its and some of my yummy iced tea from last night...

Why they are Scrabble Junior, I have no idea...

And my library books...



And I'm going to settle in and do some reading. I am really psyched about having this blog and really want to make it great so I'm making sure to do my due diligence. ;)  I hope I find some interesting tips and info - I'm really looking forward to reading these! (Especially the IT Girls book...I don't know if it's because it is pink or that it has the word 'moxie' in the title.)

Have a great Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment