Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Music of My Life - The World Spins Madly On

Music is a big part of my life - well HUGE actually. I love it and I feel like it really influences/accentuates/connects with me and whatever mood I'm in. A song can come on the radio when I'm having a great day and I will be on cloud nine. I'll sing and dance around and just live it up. There are other days when life doesn't seem so great and I'll hear a song that makes me realize I'm not alone and it will really pick up my spirits. I've also noticed that a song that sometimes makes me feel sad can other times make me feel completely content.

I have always wanted a soundtrack playing around in the background of my life, although as I write this sentence I realized I kind of already have that. I listen to music pretty much all day. I have my alarm clock set to a radio station, I then have another radio in my bathroom to play tunes while I get ready for work, I listen to the radio on my way to work, sometimes play my MP3 player on headphones while I'm at work, then listen to the radio on the way home, and play tunes on my computer all night unless I'm watching a movie or something.

I don't discriminate against music either. I love it all - from classical and orchestra to pop and rock and everything in between. I love finding new artists and songs that further add to my life :)

Due to all of this I have decided to incorporate a Music of My Life (MoML) series of posts. I will try to post one a week, but we shall see. :) Since I'm still new at this I'm going to try it out for a couple of weeks first before I firmly commit to it.

All that being said, today's/this week's song is: The World Spins Madly On by The Weepies. (If you click the link to their website and scroll to the bottom, The World Spins Madly On is #12 on their play list. You have to fast forward through the other songs to get to 12.) This is such a calm song (despite it's title!). I've been listening to it on repeat for the past half hour or so and it just seems to fit with the day. It's been such a nice afternoon with the warm weather and this song just reminds me of relaxing spring and summer nights on my parents' back porch.

The lyrics themselves are a bit depressing but the sound of the song is what I think is so mellow and calm.

Are you a fan of any particular kind of music, all kinds of music, none whatsoever?
If you have any songs you love I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment